Nepřehlédněte dotazník k výzkumu studentek Univerzity Jana Ámose Komenského.

A compositional explanatory theory of pedophilia (Sep 2021)

Section of the forum for English discussion about pedophilia.
Dreamer
Člen skupiny ČEPEK
Líbí se mi: Dívky
ve věku od: 5
ve věku do: 11
Dal: 1148 poděkování
Dostal: 464 poděkování

A compositional explanatory theory of pedophilia (Sep 2021)

Nový příspěvek od Dreamer »

I came across a new interesting research paper in which Theresa A Gannon from the University of Kent summarises a number of existing theories explaining paedophilia and creates a new compositional theory that attempts to grasp the topic comprehensively and accommodate all the existing theories.

Abstract: A key problem associated with adequate knowledge generation in pedophilia is that theories and studies predominantly examine abusive pedophilia. Acting abusively in relation to children—even where pedophilia is present—is likely to involve a different set of processes to those involved in the underlying concept of pedophilia itself. What is required is a consistent definition of pedophilia, as well as an explanation of its composition, to promote insight into the etiological mechanisms underpinning pedophilia independent of abusive behavior. In this manuscript, I critically review both the concept of pedophilia and existing pedophilia theory. Then, using the Phenomena Detection Method of Theory Construction (PDM-TC; Ward & Clack, 2019), I generate a compositional explanatory theory of pedophilia (CEToP). The CEToP examines the composition and possible causes of pedophilia via an overarching framework that specifies two key pathways as being responsible for the central clinical features of pedophilia and reconciles biological and environmental explanations of pedophilia. I examine this new theory according to key evaluative components associated with theory construction and conclude by highlighting the CEToP’s potential application for research and practice with individuals experiencing pedophilia.

Worth reading, if only for the references to various older theories. The content of this new theory could be summarized as that pedophilia can be caused in humans by both biological and environmental factors. The more prevalent biological factors are in a person, the more likely his paedophilia will be invariable and exclusive. But if paedophilia is 'learned', it is possible that it can be 'unlearned'.

I was also a bit surprised (again) that this study identifies pedophilia in women as rare. This is a common statement in EN-language studies, and is in direct contradiction to the opinion expressed by many Czech sexologists, if I am not mistaken. They say that paedophilia is probably as common in women as in men, but because their sexuality is not driven by testosterone, it is less likely to be expressed in abusive manner. Moreover, women's displays of affection towards children are considered welcome by society, while men's displays of the same are considered undesirable or weird.
► Ukázat spoiler
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/354730350_A_compositional_explanatory_theory_of_pedophilia